Question: How to add two separate exchange 2003 mailboxes into outlook 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: How to add two separate exchange 2003 mailboxes into outlook 2003

Hello, I am working on a problem/request for a client.

This company has an in-house Small Business Sever 2003 at SP1 running Exchange 2003.

She has her own personal email account setup in outlook, but she would like to have email that is being sent to accounts such as [email protected] or [email protected] also added into her outlook.

I am really stumped on how I can achieve this. She does not want all mails sent to onlineorders or returns to forward to her account. I am assuming other company employees will also have those other accounts added so they can check or respond to messages.

I have looked online and so far have found this on google groups:
    http://groups.google.com/group/micro...807070301d8d76

I am not sure how I should configure the exchange server to support that, or if I even have to configure the exchange server at all.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you,
    Chris

Re: Question: How to add two separate exchange 2003 mailboxes into outlook 2003

You can do one of the following:

1) Set up a public folder(s), mail enable it/them, give it/them the right email address(s), and give the user the appropriate rights to the folder(s).

2) Add additional SMTP addresses to the user's email addresses in the user's properties in ADUC.

Both will work only if these addresses are not already being used by another user. If they are, then you can give the first user the right permissions to the other mailboxes, and open them either by Outlook > File > Open > Other User's folders, or by adding them the the user's Outlook profile.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
    X