No announcement yet.

Removing entries from "Show Names From" list

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing entries from "Show Names From" list

My client faces a problem removing contacts folders from "Show Names From" list in the select recipient options.

It all happens like this:

The secretary will update a contacts folder called "Client Info", under it got lotsa other subfolders, one of them is "General Managers" folder.

Every now & then, the GM will import the contacts folder (Client info.pst) (updated by the secretary) to his Outlook 2000.

Usually he just delete the current "Client info" from the contacts & import the new one straight away.

But now he got double entry of same name, same contact folder, eg. "General Manager" appearing in the "Show Names From" list when selecting recipients.

I tried going to the folder & unchecked "Show this folder as an email address book", but this only removes the latest/current "General Manager" from the "Show Names From" list.

All the previous versions of the "General Manager" contacts folder are still in the list even though they have already been deleted & replaced by a updated version of "Client info.pst"

Is there anything i must delete as well when removing a contacts folder from Outlook?

I tried duplicating the problem on other pc, but can't.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!