Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lync 2010 to 2013 migration gone bad

Hi.
    I was in the middle of migrating to Lync 2013, when I was told by my boss to put the migration on hold.
    6 months later, we are go for migration again, but when I try to pick up where I left off, I find all sorts of things have gone bad. I have tried for 2 days now to fix things, but I don't think it's possible.

What I need is a way to remove the half-finished 2013 installation form our working 2010 deployment.

Any ideas?

Anders Okkelmo

Re: Lync 2010 to 2013 migration gone bad

Originally posted by okkelmo View Post
    Hi.
    I was in the middle of migrating to Lync 2013, when I was told by my boss to put the migration on hold.
    6 months later, we are go for migration again, but when I try to pick up where I left off, I find all sorts of things have gone bad. I have tried for 2 days now to fix things, but I don't think it's possible.

What I need is a way to remove the half-finished 2013 installation form our working 2010 deployment.

Any ideas?

Anders Okkelmo
    Assuming you've already enabled coexistence with Lync 2010 and have a separate Lync 2013 pool in the topology why not just continue with the migration? A Lync 2010 to 2013 transition is relatively straight forward as the architectures are very similar. What problems are you experiencing that makes you think removing Lync 2013 is sensible?
    Tell us a bit more about your environment first as its not possible to understand what the issue is from your description, or how far into your migration you are.

Comment

Hi.
      I was having som etroubles with the 2013 edge, and front end services. They would not start, and I couldn't find out why.
      I have fixed the problem now though, and we are up and running on Lync 2013, with 2010 decomissioned.
      I followed a giude to unistall Lync 2013 (Can't find the link atm), and it worke like a charm. I then started the migration process anew, and now we are golden

Okkelmo

Comment

Originally posted by okkelmo View Post
        Hi.
        I was having som etroubles with the 2013 edge, and front end services. They would not start, and I couldn't find out why.
        I have fixed the problem now though, and we are up and running on Lync 2013, with 2010 decomissioned.
        I followed a giude to unistall Lync 2013 (Can't find the link atm), and it worke like a charm. I then started the migration process anew, and now we are golden

Okkelmo
        Ah great. Glad it went well.

Comment

Working...
        X