Lync 2010 Decommissioning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lync 2010 Decommissioning

I have a bit of a problem... We are rolling out a Lync 2013 install within the next 2 weeks. Last year, in August, a former tech attempted a Lync 2010 install that failed miserably. The server was turned off and we went back to our PRI at that office.

July 16th of this year, we had a catastrophic crash and the previous server was lost completely, not recoverable. So now I have no Lync install anywhere.

The problem is that I need to decommission the old install to prep the domain for the new install. I'm not finding anything on Technet about this type of decommissioning. I'm only finding the standard decommission instructions.

Has anyone else run into this problem before?
    I'd rather check my Facebook than face my checkbook...

Thanks,
    Todd

Re: Lync 2010 Decommissioning

I do not have enough Lync experience for an authoritative answer, but is the server computer account still available in AD, and is there an option for a repair / disaster recover install (same process as Exchange 2010)?

Look into some of the links here: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ly...GuSr0gXr_YHgAw
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by todd231 View Post
      I have a bit of a problem... We are rolling out a Lync 2013 install within the next 2 weeks. Last year, in August, a former tech attempted a Lync 2010 install that failed miserably. The server was turned off and we went back to our PRI at that office.

July 16th of this year, we had a catastrophic crash and the previous server was lost completely, not recoverable. So now I have no Lync install anywhere.

The problem is that I need to decommission the old install to prep the domain for the new install. I'm not finding anything on Technet about this type of decommissioning. I'm only finding the standard decommission instructions.

Has anyone else run into this problem before?
      The Lync configuration should still be intact in AD. If this is Std Edition please use the instructions below.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/nexthop/a...an-part-2.aspx

Comment

Thanks for the replies all! They have been extremely helpful. The project has been put on hold for 30 - 60 days until we can sort this out. I will return with completion!
        I'd rather check my Facebook than face my checkbook...

Thanks,
        Todd

Comment

Working...
        X