Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lync Client 2010 re-install

Hi,
    How can i re-install the Lync Client 2010 on several PC's that have the Eval client installed? What would be the best deployment method. Appreciate your help.

Regards.

Re: Lync Client 2010 re-install

I understand that, if you have an evaluation licence for something, even if you reinstall, it would pick up the same licence.

IE - you cannot Re-Arm an evaluation licence.

So you need to use a fully licenced version now.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Hi tehcamel,
      I can re-install the client manually on a PC, and it will install over the old client, and the license will get upgraded. But how could I do this for about 300 pc's?
      thanks.

Comment

Since it is Microsoft, the install is likely to be an MSI file, which you can roll out via group policy.

If it isn't, you could call an exe file from a network share using a startup or logon script
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Ossian already gave you a pretty good answer- Group Policy, Logon script, or maybe something like SCCM if you're using it.
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Thanks Ossian, tehcamel.

Comment

Working...
            X