No announcement yet.

Lync not working after Office 365 upgrade? Some tips >>

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lync not working after Office 365 upgrade? Some tips >>

Recently i.e. last to last week we got upgraded to Office365 & I went through 1 common problem for some user accounts which got resolved and I would like to post the solution here.

We have our accounts hosted at Microsoft's data center so they managing backend scenario.

Problem statement :- for some users Lync wasn't working after Office365 upgrade.

Resolution :-

-Go to your mailbox admin page. In my case I went to

- Reset the password for user.

- Set new password by visiting [ URL varies depending upon your home link ]

- Now uninstall "Microsoft online service sign-on assistance"

- Go again at & click on 'Configure Lync'.

- Finish configuration of Lync.

- Now open Lync to sign in. It asks to install "Microsoft online service sign-on assistance". Downlaod the said version i.e .7.x

- Now while logging it asks for password. Put the password and you'll be able to login successfully.

FYI :- This worked on Windows XP Pro with SP3 machines. So don't worry about OS compatibility.

-Many users in my oganization faced this strange problem where Lync was working at partial upgrade but after full upgrade to Office365, Lync stopped working. Outlook started giving problem.

- Also, I suggest not to waste your bandwidth & time in pushing any windows updates. I tried that too. Doesn't help.

All in 1
    Solaris,Linux & Windows admin + networking.