No announcement yet.

OCS 2007 R2 Client Connection Issue

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCS 2007 R2 Client Connection Issue

I need some serious help! I know little to nothing about OCS. It was administered by an Admin that is no longer with the company. I will try to give as many details about the problem as possible.

We are running OSC 2007 R2. Everything is located on one virtualized server. We had 3 drives labeled E: (Presentations), F: (Attachments), and G: (Archive) along with the C: drive which I'm not counting. The 3 drives were 80 GB a piece, which was taking up way more space in our virtual environment than was necessary. Our goal was just to consolidate space.

First, we created a new drive Z: and I relocated the contents of the other 3 drives to the new drive. Then we eliminated the original 3 drives. At first we wanted to point OCS to use this one drive instead of the original 3, but that proved to be too difficult for me to do, so we recreated the 3 drives but with much less space to them. I moved all of the contents of the drives back into their original locations, making sure everything was back into the proper location, the drive letters were correct, and the permissions are back to normal.

Now, none of the clients will connect. It makes no sense because everything was operational before. Nothing on the client side changed. And on the server side, I can't understand what could be so messed up now. I rebooted the server. All of the services that were running before are still running now.

The clients get an error message of:

"Cannot sign in because the server is temporarily unavailable. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator."

And an event log error of:

Log Name: Application
    Source: Communicator
    Date: 3/4/2011 11:52:10 AM
    Event ID: 7
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: (computer name)
    Communicator failed to connect to server (server).(domain).local ( on port 5061 due to error 10061. The server is not listening on the port in question, the service is not running on this machine, the service is not responsive, or network connectivity doesn't exist.

Please make sure that your workstation has network connectivity. If you are using manual configuration, please double-check the configuration. The network administrator should make sure that the service is running on port 5061 on server (server).(domain).local (

On the server there are event log errors of:

Log Name: Office Communications Server
    Source: OCS MCU Infrastructure
    Date: 3/4/2011 3:19:37 PM
    Event ID: 61013
    Task Category: (1022)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: (server).(domain).local
    The process AcpMcuSvc(2212) failed to send health notifications to the MCU factory at h t t p s://(server).(domain).local:444/LiveServer/MCUFactory/.
    Failure occurrences: 127, since 3/4/2011 2:48:07 PM.

There are tons of them. You can replace AcpMcuSvc(2212) with AVMCUSvc(2772), ASMCUSvc(2708.), or IMMcuSvc(2192).

I'm open to any suggestions. Just keep in mind that I know little to nothing about OCS. Thank you very much for your support!