Crazy Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Question

If I have am using Skype for Business as my UC solution, and I call into a call center that also uses SFB by dialing the number they provide me with and go through the motions and get connected to a call agent, would I be able to exchange IM's with that agent?

My brain says no because I'm making a PSTN style call.

I guess I could if both my organization and the agents organization are federated...

I think I'm explaining my question correctly...
    I'd rather check my Facebook than face my checkbook...

Thanks,
    Todd

Surely the dial in is only between a standard telephone and SFB - the caller is not using the SFB client
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      Surely the dial in is only between a standard telephone and SFB - the caller is not using the SFB client
      That, I guess, is our million dollar question, whether or not the client calling is using a SFB client.

Suppose that they were on a normal PSTN call, not a Skype call, I "think" that the two parties (both having SFB clients) could then communicate via voice and Instant message since there's networking involved. Now, I would also assume that both parties would have to be federated either completely, or to each other (Federating with individual clients on the call center side wouldn't make much sense to me).

I just don't know enough about it to say for sure.

We're still working on it. I'm not on the Dev team so I don't know how much I'll be able to provide for a solution, but this helps me at least get some input for our QA dept.
      I'd rather check my Facebook than face my checkbook...

Thanks,
      Todd

Comment

Originally posted by todd231 View Post
        If I have am using Skype for Business as my UC solution, and I call into a call center that also uses SFB by dialing the number they provide me with and go through the motions and get connected to a call agent, would I be able to exchange IM's with that agent?

My brain says no because I'm making a PSTN style call.

I guess I could if both my organization and the agents organization are federated...

I think I'm explaining my question correctly...
        You'd only be able to IM the CC user if both your SfB Orgs are federated with each other. That said if you start the call as a PSTN call i don't believe IM will be available. But if you called them using VOIP, EG a 'Skype for Business' call then IM would be available too.

Comment

Working...
        X