Extensions to Ring to Multiple users

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extensions to Ring to Multiple users

This is the run down... My company is downsizing, big time. We're eliminating the receptionist position and going with an open lobby and a single phone with an extension list next to it. The thinking of the upper management is that when a customer/vendor/visitor comes in, they'll pick up the phone and dial the department they want. That call will then circulate through the appropriate users until someone answers or it goes to VM.

I know I can do that through the attendant, which I've already got setup, however, this works when you dial my company's main line. When the main line is dialed, an automated system picks up and give the whole "For Accounting, press 1... For Engineering, press 2... for blah blah blah..."

What I'm wanting to do is for whoever walks into the lobby, they will pick up the phone, look at the extension list and dial a 4 digit department extension which will then rotate through the users in that department until someone picks up or goes the call goes to VM.

I may also just have them dial the main number from the lobby phone and bypass these shenanigans and go straight to the the attendant.

Any ideas?
    I'd rather check my Facebook than face my checkbook...

Thanks,
    Todd

Well, I've looked and I've looked but I don't think this is possible, other than the attendant feature, which is what we're going with.
    I'd rather check my Facebook than face my checkbook...

Thanks,
    Todd

Comment

A response group should be able to do that for you.

Comment

Working...
      X