OCS 2007 installation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCS 2007 installation

I'm trying to install OCS 2007, I'm installing it on Windows Server 2008. I have another server with Windows 2003 that has my active directory, domain and exchange.

On the installation it ask me for a security group which I have created, and also it ask me for the DN path. I have tried different ways to configure the path but it tells me that is incorrect.

How can you know the DN path?

The example that it gives me is: OU=OU-L-LCS,OU=AppServers,CN=Computers,DC=contoso,DC=com

Can anyone help me out?

Re: OCS 2007 installation

Where is the group?
    If, for example, your domain is called domain.corp (check this at the top of ADUC) and the group is in an OU called OCS directly inside the domain, your path is:
    OU=OCS,DC=domain,DC=CORP
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

On the 2k3 DC click Start | Run, and type:
      cmd /k dsquery group -name "name of security group"

In the dosbox with the results 'Mark' the DN (without the quotes) and hit enter to copy.
      Then you can past the DN by using Ctrl+V in the input box of the OCS setup window.

\Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
      and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Thank you I appreciate your help, both worked great.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X