Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying Office Communications Live Servers PKI need it

Hello everybody.

We are trying to substitute MSN Messenger from our computers, but we wanna change it for something else because with believe in IM.

Right now I'm trying the trial version of Office Communications Live Server 2005 Standard, so I'm reading the the implementation documentation and there's a part where talk about the infrastructure requirements and this point is there

PKI is deployed and configured either by using PKI from Microsoft or from a third-party CA infrastructure. If you plan to use TLS for client connectivity, consider using an internal CA for your required PKI.

So i wanna know about this, do i need just install the certificate Authority (CA) service in Windows Server 2003 ? or do i need install the CA and buy a public certificate? or what exactly do i need??.

Also as this is just a trial i don't wanna mess with my productions servers, so this CA can be installed in my test server where i plan to install the Communications server, right??

Regards and Thank you.
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return.

Leonardo da Vinci

Re: Trying Office Communications Live Servers PKI need it

Yes. http://www.petri.com/install_windows_server_2003_ca.htm
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Already got it, that's how occur me the idea to ask here, so biggles just need to do that??/

Thank you man for your fast answer.
      When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return.

Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Other thing that i realize now, i can see that Microsoft listed to products

One is Microsoft Office Communications Server (OCS) and Office Live Communications Server 2005 (OLCS) , which are the differences?

Also i see that their are working the 2007 version of the former.

============
        Edited
        ===============

I can see that one is the server and the other is the server.
        Last edited by Nehemoth; 25th January 2007, 17:07. Reason: Found the answer

Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Working...
        X