Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servers for Exchange 2007

Just a heads-up!
    How many people know that Exchange 2007 is destined to be for 64-bit computers only? Take that into account if you are thinking of ordering a server now, which will eventually be intended to hold Exchange 2007!
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Re: Servers for Exchange 2007

I believe that this information has been made public by Microsoft quite a while ago (over half a year ago). Anyone interested in E2007 probably already knows it by now. However I do agree that there is a high probability that not *everyone* knows it.

BTW, how is MS going to deal with SBS2007 or God knows how they'll call it? Do you have any information you'd like to share?
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

I heard a few months ago. Yes, the push is on for 64-bit!
      VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
      boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
      My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

When I spoke to the developement team back in June last year they said it's a matter of time before every new server purchesed is either X64 or Itanium. I think they were and still are right. There's no reason to buy new 32-bit serverd anymore, and Exchange 2007 will just benefit from this change.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by danielp
          When I spoke to the developement team back in June last year they said it's a matter of time before every new server purchesed is either X64 or Itanium. I think they were and still are right. There's no reason to buy new 32-bit serverd anymore, and Exchange 2007 will just benefit from this change.

I'm sure i read somewhere that Dell are to stop shipping 32 bit servers.

Comment

Working...
          X