No announcement yet.

How to configure Exchange 2010 for....?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to configure Exchange 2010 for....?

Hello, I've exchange 2010 installed and configure for only internal use. I have got now new fiber optical CIR connection with static IP. Now I want to configure my exchange box to send and receive mails from/to external clients i.e. "internet" as well.. All the features of exchange is configured on single machine. Now please guide me how can I configure my exchange for external use but in easy or step by step guide. Thanks in advance plz help me!!!

Re: How to configure Exchange 2010 for....?

Roughly (use to get detailed steps), do the following in order:

Set up an address policy and accepted domain to generate external email addresses for your users
    Open port 25 on your router/firewall to the internal IP of your Exchange HT server
    Change the MX records for your external domain to point to your public IP address
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Change MX records in DNS to pointing my external domain? Did you mean that I create an MX record and pointing out to my static IP?

Comment

Yes, if you don't already have any MX records (normally default ones are set up at you external DNS control panel.
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X