No announcement yet.

Migrating from One Hosted Exchange to another

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migrating from One Hosted Exchange to another

Dear Forum,

I currently have a client that wants to change hosted exchange providers. It is easy enough for me to export the ost to a pst from the current hosted exchange.

Once I want to upload the pst to the target (New) exchange server, I have to do everything manually.

There is no way I can find for me to import a pst in to an ost.

Does anyone out there know of any tool that can accomplish this?

Kind regards,

Justin Stock

Re: Migrating from One Hosted Exchange to another

There are loads of tools available to assist with the migration. Whether it is worth using them is a different matter.

A straight import in to the new environment will work. However replies to old emails, calendars etc will not work unless you can set the X.500 address correctly.

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Re: Migrating from One Hosted Exchange to another

save time and effort..

use MigrationWiz.

I used it to do a imap-to-gmail recently. The client had a 0.7M uplink, it would have taken me hours and hours and hours and hours and years, to upload the data (8 mailboxes, averaging something like 4GB each.)

Cost me $12.00 per mailbox, I charged them $25 per box and explained that I could sit there and babysit the uploads, but it would take forever (at $expensive per hour) or I could use this, complete the whole thing in 3 hours (3*$exp + 8*$25) rather than (8*$exp)
      Captured eveyrthing.

I used similar to go rackspace-exchange to googleapps..
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point