Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Reply for Distribution Group

Consider this scenario.

There is a Distribution Group with one user in it. The DG is called [email protected].

The company wants an auto reply sending when an email is sent to the [email protected] to say the enquiry will be dealt with 9 - 5 Mon - Fri

I have set up a no-reply user and added them to the DG, the no-reply has an OOO set with the details about when the enquiry will be dealt with.

However when the other member of enquiries is OOO the sender will receive 2 OOO messages.

What is the best way to approach this ?

Perhaps nested distribution groups?

J

Re: Auto Reply for Distribution Group

Hi, you could assign that e-mail address to a normal mail enabled AD user account and not a distribution group. Setup mailbox rules to reply to every e-mail. OOO will only send one OOO to one users per day if i remember correctly.
    Then make enquiries a shared mailbox and give people who need to see it the right permission to add it as an additional mailbox.
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Re: Auto Reply for Distribution Group

In the end I just added the send OOO notifications to the DG and told the users to amend their OOO messages

Thanks for your help

J

Comment

Working...
      X