X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloud to Office 365 Migration Question

Hi

This has probably already been asked, but I am unable to find it

We are using a cloud email provider currently, running exchange 2013. we are planning to migrate to Office 365 Exchange Plan.

I am absolutely fine with the migration plan, however previously when deleting a user on our internal active directly, and the corresponding cloud mailbox, when re creating the same user a few months later everyone had to delete that user from their cache settings in Outlook to be able to email her again!.

I am therefore concerned that anyone with our cached details for any of our employees will no longer be able to email us post migration, and will need to re enter the email address from scratch.

From what I've read it appears to be an "internal" issue only, but I want to check this.

Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks,
    Matt

Re: Cloud to Office 365 Migration Question

as long as you're not changing the actual email address ([email protected]) part, then external recipients with cached addresses will be fine.

It's an internal resolver issue when that happens

are you actually deleting the user from your onsite AD and recreating it, with requisite mailbox ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Re: Cloud to Office 365 Migration Question

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
      as long as you're not changing the actual email address ([email protected]) part, then external recipients with cached addresses will be fine.

It's an internal resolver issue when that happens

are you actually deleting the user from your onsite AD and recreating it, with requisite mailbox ?
      Hi, thanks for the reply.

That was my feeling too.

No, the local on site Server 2012 domain will be left untouched. It is purely our email service that is hosted externally that will be migrated to Office 365. everything else stays the same.

Matt

Comment

Working...
      X