No announcement yet.

Exchange 2007 - 2013 Co-Exist

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2007 - 2013 Co-Exist

Hi all,

i'm in the middle of migrating to exchange 2013 from exchange 2007.
    I have a problem to send emails from exchange 2013 to exchange 2007 but emails from exchange 2007 to exchange 2013 is working fine and
    * i add the exchange 2013 to the exist send connector on the exchange 2007
    * both exchange servers have the same public wild card certificate
    * external emails are still routed to exchange 2007 from the firewall
    * i have a smart host and i enable exchange 2013 on it
    * also enable the exchange 2013 on the fire wall for port 25
    * i receive this error on the 2013 queue viewer:
    441 4.4.1 Error encountered while communicating with primary target IP address: ""Failed to connect. Winsock error code: 10049, Win32 error code: 10049."" Attempted failover to alternate host, but that did not succeed. Either there are no alternate hosts, or delivery failed to all alternate hosts. The last endpoint attempted was exchange 2007 IP:25};{FQDN=Exchange 2007};{IP=exchange 2007}]"

Please help

Re: Exchange 2007 - 2013 Co-Exist

I followed the below link back in late 2013 and co-existited exch 2007 and 2013 for a few weeks, then completely removed exch 2007.

hope it can answer some of your questions.

Re: Exchange 2007 - 2013 Co-Exist

Hi, Thanks for the replay.

I found a solution for this.
      Seems like tp many certificate were install on my 2007 server so i had to do the

On the legacy server change the following entry to false:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL
      Value name: SendTrustedIssuerList
      Value type: REG_DWORD
      Value data: 0 (False)

TLS connection attempt fails with following SCHANNEL warning:
      Event Type: Warning
      Event Source: Schannel
      Event Category: None
      Event ID: 36885
      Date: date
      Time: time
      Computer: COMPUTERNAME

Description: When asking for client authentication, this server sends a list of trusted certification authorities to the client. The client uses this list to choose a client certificate that is trusted by the server. Currently, this server trusts so many certification authorities that the list has grown too long. This list has thus been truncated. The administrator of this machine should review the certification authorities trusted for client authentication and remove those that do not really need to be trusted.