No announcement yet.

Internal Relaying Connector (Confusion) Anonymous

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internal Relaying Connector (Confusion) Anonymous

Dear Experts,

I've created internal relaying connector to allow some internal devices, and HP service manager application to send emails internally.

The anonymous check box is not selected in permissions group tab. But I checked from powershell command that anonymous LOGON is allowed as you can see in attached picture.

I want to understand if my anonymous check box is not selected why still the devices which IP is not listed in remote servers are able connect and send emails internally without authentication like multifunction scanner, IP camera, PRTG network monitor.

As per my understanding they should only work with authentication and ONLY those whose IP is listed under remote servers should work with out authentication.

Appreciate your responses and if any action needed to be performed from my side.

Attached Files

Re: Internal Relaying Connector (Confusion) Anonymous

Dear Experts,

Any ideas for asked question ?

appreciate your help.

No reply in 14 hours - QoS is really lousy these days. You really ought to demands a refund of your forum fees.....

You have been a member for 4 years and really should know that bouncing posts like this is against forum rules. Please wait for someone who knows the answer to give up some of their time to help you. If you need help quicker, contact Microsoft PSS who will help you immediately.
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Sending emails to internal people does not require any additional connectors - as that is the same as an external party sending email to your server.
        The only time you need an additional connector is when you want to anonymous relay. Therefore it may well be that the additional connector isn't even being used if all recipients are internal.

Simon Butler
        Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
        Exchange Resources List:
        In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.