No announcement yet.

Creating a Rule to Disallow Mail to External Domains that DO NOT Match Pattern

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating a Rule to Disallow Mail to External Domains that DO NOT Match Pattern

Hello All-

I'm new to Exchange (and to Perti ) and I'm trying to create a rule where external e-mail is allowed but only to certain domains. I've been looking at the available match conditions and it seems like the one I would want is "The recipient address includes any of these text patterns" assuming that I could somehow do an inverse match. Is that possible with the Exchange rules?
    Last edited by biggles77; 29th December 2014, 05:58. Reason: Fix :) smilie issue

Re: Creating a Rule to Disallow Mail to External Domains that DO NOT Match Pattern

Hi,

Follow below steps:

Open Exchange Management Console
    Expand Organization Configuration
    Click on Hub Transport
    Click on Transport rules tab
    On Toolbox Actions, click on New Transport Rule…
    In the Introduction page, define a name for the rule and click Next
    Select the from users inside or outside the organization item and sent to people item as well.
    select the option send bounce message to sender with enhanced status code

On HT:

in a Hub Transport, which are as follows;

Open Exchange Management Console
    Expand Organization Configuration
    Click on Hub Transport
    Click on Anti-spam tab
    Double click on Recipient filtering
    Click on Blocked Recipients tab
    Check the Block the following recipients option and type in the internal users that you want blocking Internet mail

Enjoy!!!
    Sayed72

Comment

Re: Creating a Rule to Disallow Mail to External Domains that DO NOT Match Pattern

Thanks Sayed, however I do know where to create the rules, just not sure how to make one that does what I want...

I've tried creating a rule similar to the following, but it doesn't seem to prevent anything from being sent to domains not listed in my "trusted" list:

Only Allow Outbound to Trusted Domains

If the message...
      Includes these patterns in the recipients' addresses: '!((mydomain.local)|(trusted_domain.com))'

Do the following...
      reject the message and include the explanation 'Sending e-mail to this domain is prohibited.' with the status code: '5.7.1'
      and Stop processing more rules

Rule mode
      Enforce

Comment

Working...
      X