Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exclude Mail contacts from Global Address list

Hi -
    We have an exchange 2010 environment and, as part of our merger need to import a large list of mail contacts from another organization. For now, I won't want to comingle our users and their contacts into a single GAL.

I created a separate Address List on our server, which I can populate successfully based on the OU where these contacts reside. However I cannot find a way to exclude them from the GAL, but still have them appear in their own Address list.

There's an AddressListMembership attribute that's displayed on "get-mailcontact" which seems to enable one to place contacts into select address lists.
    I cannot seem to figure out how to do this.

The only discussion I found here on that topic pertains to 2007, and I'm hoping 2010 has introduced something to get this done

Any advise on this approach, or an alternate path would be much appreciated.

The only discussion I found here on that topic pertains to 2007, and I'm hoping 2010 has introduced something to get this done
    Last edited by kirrill; 18th December 2014, 20:20.

Re: Exclude Mail contacts from Global Address list

have you looked into federation?

Microsoft Federation

Create Federation Trust Ex2010
    its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
    Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Re: Exclude Mail contacts from Global Address list

Open Exchange Management Console.
      Expand Microsoft Exchange On-Premises (server name).
      Expand Recipient Configuration.
      Select Mail Contact.
      In the right pane double-click on the contact you wish to hide.
      Towards the bottom of the General tab select Hide from Exchange Address Lists checkbox.

Click Ok.
      You are all set!

Enjoy!!!
      Sayed72

Comment

Working...
      X