Thrid Party Marketing Emailer with Exchange

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thrid Party Marketing Emailer with Exchange

We are using a third party marketing emailer called [MOD EDIT]. The issue that we are running into is users on our network do not receive the emails from [MOD EDIT]. I edited our SPF record to include the [MOD EDIT] servers as they instructed to no avail. I am not sure what else to take into consideration.
    Last edited by Ossian; 24th November 2014, 18:31.

Re: Thrid Party Marketing Emailer

I have edited out the name of the software as 3 mentions in 2 lines is too close to spamming for my liking. Please do not put it back in as it does not seem relevant to the discussion.

What mail server are you using in house - Exchange?
    Is the 3rd party emailer also in house? If so, Exchange will require a connector or it will treat the emailer as an attempt to spam you

Why do your in-house users even need to receive the emails?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

We are using Exchange 2010. The third-party mailer is not in house but when it sends email the from address is shown as one of out internal addresses. We would like our in house users to see the emails so they will know what is going on as well.

Comment

Thanks for the further information. I'm moving the thread to the Exchange forums for a better response.

The problem seems to be that Exchange likes to be the only email server for the domain, so will need to be configured to accept another server delivering mail from the domain too - there will be a lot of information on - unfortunately I do not have time right now to pull any links out
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X