Exchange multiple usernames accepted?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange multiple usernames accepted?

It seems like Exchange will accept numerous different things as a username for authentication;

-the full user logon name set in EAC with user logon name and domain suffix

-pre-2000 username which can be controlled in AD

-and last which makes no sense to me, is some hidden field that is driving me nuts trying to figure out

So, I started out with full name "Test User", logon name [email protected]. I am able to login to the OWA using either "TUser" or "[email protected]". So I within EAC I changed the user logon name to [email protected]. I also changed the pre-2000 name to userA2000. Lastly I changed the alias within EAC (I still don't understand this field as it doesn't seem to affect anything) to user123.

So I can now log in using;
    [email protected] (full user logon name with domain suffix from within EAC)
    -userA2000 (pre-2000 logon from with AD)
    -TUser (original name that is not reflected in any field I can find in EAC or AD now)

Any ideas as to what in the world is happening? I've tried modifying the name within AD, aliases, everything. I don't see anywhere there is ANYTHING with TUser still listed.

Re: Exchange multiple usernames accepted?

go and look at the actual AD Properties of the object using DSA.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
      go and look at the actual AD Properties of the object using DSA.
      That's where I changed the pre2000 name. Nowhere in any of the tabs of the properties does it list TUser. But this is still a valid login. If I'm not mistaken there should only be two different login names, the user logon name using the domain suffix, and the pre2000 name, correct? I can login using those 2 plus the 3rd option.

Comment

I don't really have a live system to mess around with. Is it still demonstrating the same symptoms ?

Exchange does cache details, so it may have been cached.
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
        X