Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2013 - Android Activesync

Hello!

I'm stuck so I'm hoping someone can help me out.
    I have exchange 2013 installed onto a Server 2012 standard server running as a member server on brand spanking new domain.
    All mail flow is working fine and Outlook is working fine internally, also I can connect to Outlook externally using Outlook anywhere proxy settings. iPhones appear to be connecting OK but autodiscover isnt working, we put the email address and password in then it requests us to put things like servername and username and password in.
    Android devices wont connect at all even with me inputting all the settings manually.7
    OWA works perfectly, no certificate errors at all, using https://mail.mydomain.co.uk/owa

I have done lots of Exchange 2010 setups and it always works fine and on the mobile devices all I have to do is input email address and password and it just connects without anymore information being put it, never done an Exchange 2013 setup before so I dont know what Im doing wrong.

My SSL certificate has the following names on (same as I always do with my SSL cerfiticates);

mail.mydomain.co.uk
    owa.mydomain.co.uk
    autodiscover.mydomain.co.uk
    mydomain.co.uk

I have forwarded port 25, 80, 443 and 444 to the exchange server.

If I use https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com I get;
    Connectivity Test Successful with Warnings
    Attempting the Autodiscover and Exchange ActiveSync test (if requested).
    Autodiscover was successfully tested for Exchange ActiveSync.

The warning is;
    The Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer is attempting to build certificate chains for certificate CN=mail.mydomain.co.uk, OU=Domain Control Validated.
    One or more certificate chains were constructed successfully.
    Additional Details
    Analyzing the certificate chains for compatibility problems with versions of Windows.
    Potential compatibility problems were identified with some versions of Windows.
    Additional Details
    The Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer can only validate the certificate chain using the Root Certificate Update functionality from Windows Update. Your certificate may not be trusted on Windows if the "Update Root Certificates" feature isn't enabled.
    Elapsed Time: 2 ms.

I'm at a loss, according to some googling the certificate warning I'm getting shouldnt affect ActiveSync. I've spent hours going through all my settings! Can someone please help me with this? I'm on hand to answer any questions at all.

Thanks a lot
    Mark

Re: Exchange 2013 - Android Activesync

Is the UPN of the users the same as their primary SMTP address? If not, trying changing their UPN to match the SMTP address and see if it works.
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Hiya JeremyW,

Thanks for you reply. I have just gone into ECP and gone to the OWA Virtual Directory area and changed the Authentication from "Domain\user name" to "User Principal Name (UPN)" I have also added my external domain into the UPN area of Active Directory Domains and Trusts.
      I have created a test user called Mark.Davies, I've gone into that account in Active Directory and under the Account tab I've changed the drop-down menu to the external domain.
      Now when I go to https://mail.mydomain.co.uk/owa it asks for my email address and password which I put it and that works fine, however it still doesn't work off mobiles.

Any more information I can give?

Thanks a lot!

Mark

Comment

Any other ideas on this please?
        As an update, works perfectly on iPhones and OWA works perfectly and so does Outlook. But no android phones at all will connect (tried on Jellybean and KitKat), how does the connection differ between iOS and Android?

Thanks a lot
        Mark

Comment

That's strange. Unfortunately I don't have anything I know of to try.

Do Android devices show an error message when trying to connect?
          Regards,
          Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
          Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
          www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Riiiiight, I have a breakthrough and I'm hoping someone can help.

The emails work fine on Android if connected to the local wifi on the same network as the server. But not on any other wifi or data package.
            However, Apple phones work fine on either, OWA works fine. Autodiscover works a treat on Outlook from within or out of the office.

So its down to Android devices and how they connect EXTERNALLY.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
            Mark

Comment

Have you tried www.testexchangeconnectivity.com and done the full set of ActiveSync tests - this will point you to any configuration errors

Also have you tried any different flavours / makes of Android device to see if it comes down to differences between versions or vendors?
              (What make/model are you using?)
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
              X