Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2010 Unable to book meeting rooms in trusted forest

Hello there,

My organisation has 2 forests that have a two-way external trust between them. An exchange federated trust has also been setup between the two businesses. We use GalSync to sync contacts and our GAL.

In most cases operations within Exchange/outlook seem to work well. Users in forest 1 can view Free/busy information from forest 2 and vice-versa.

When a user from one forest tries to book a meeting room in the other forest the meeting room stays as tentative and they do not receive confirmation email.

I have the rooms set to AutoAccept replies:

Set-CalendarProcessing " Room 1" -AutomateProcessing AutoAccept

Questions:

1) Is this caused by having an 'External' domain forest trust? Would this be resolved by making the trust an Internal one?

2) Is there a way this can work without changing the domain trusts? As this might take a while for the other business to put in place.

Please help?

Kind Regards

Fooksey

Re: Exchange 2010 Unable to book meeting rooms in trusted forest

im not totally sure about your set up, but ill give you some pointers that you might want to look into...

you will need to create a forest trust, not just an external trust. you will also need to run domainprep and forestprep on the domain without installing exchange on the external domain.

can you validate the trust betweeen the two domains with ADDT? what does it say?

also, have you tried using the full domain logon, i.e. [email protected]??

can you " \\<<remoteDomainName>>" and see sysvol? its a quick test to see if things are right, not totally reliable, but if things are right that should pop open the sysvol in the domain.

hope that gives you some help in figuring out your issues...

James
    its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
    Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Re: Exchange 2010 Unable to book meeting rooms in trusted forest

James,

Thanks for your advice. The domain trusts are valid. I suspected that the 'External' trust maybe to blame. We are looking at changing this to 'Internal' hopefully in the next week or two. I'm hoping this should resolve the issue as the resources themselves see to be setup correctly. In my mind there isn't any reason to keep this 'External'.

I'll post back with results once the trust has been changed.

Kind Regards
      Matt

Comment

Working...
      X