No announcement yet.

backup relay and mx record

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backup relay and mx record

I need some guidance about exchange 2013 and windows server 2008 R2.

My problem is that i have to use my ISP's backup mx address "" (relay) How does i configure this ?

Next i have to configure mx record on my domain, lets look at this when the above is correct configured.

Regards (:

Re: backup relay and mx record

do you mean for inbound mail?
    why do you "have to" use your ISP's mail relay?

If you were using it that way, you would have to deal with the ISP - they would have to configure their mailserver to spool it on to your server.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

its because my isp have closed port 25, and it cannot be opened because im a private person.

If outbound relay, look in Organization Config/Hub Transport Role/Send Connectors and set the Smart Host on the Network Tab of the connector properties

If inbound, the ISP should set up the relay from them to you, so all you should have to do is point your MX records at their smarthost's IP

IMHO, though, change to a better class of ISP - blocking port 25 is so "Noughties"
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **