No announcement yet.

Trial certificate for exchange 2010

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trial certificate for exchange 2010

Hi All,

I am trying to migrate my exchange 2010 to office 365. I have created a self assign certificate however this is only good for internal clients. I have downloaded a trial GeoTrust SSL certificate but it comes up with

"Wrong certificate installed.
    The domain name does not match the certificate common name or SAN"

I am not sure if I have done something wrong whilst configuring it. What is the best way to find/install a trial certificate so that when I run the Microsoft connectivity analyser it would come up ok.?

Just reading some of the similar post in the forum, it says " 2007-2010 exchange require SAN certificates" It looks like I am out of luck.
    Last edited by volks_x; 10th September 2014, 22:39. Reason: extra info

Re: Trial certificate for exchange 2010

You can use a single name certificate, but you will need to configure SRV records for Autodiscover. Exchange will need to be reconfigured to use the same name internally and externally.

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Re: Trial certificate for exchange 2010

Hi Simon,

Thank you for your reply, I have changed the external owa url to match the certificate name. It is all good now. I have managed to sync the mailboxes to office 365.

I couldn't figure out what I have done wrong whilst configuring the certificate in the first place.