No announcement yet.

Exchange 2010 autodiscover security alert

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2010 autodiscover security alert

I have an SBS 2011 server with Exchange 2010. Several remote users connect using RPC over HTTPS in Outlook 2003. When I installed the server, I purchased a single-domain SSL certificate from GoDaddy so the remote users would not have to install the self-signed certificate.

Now I am replacing one of the remote computers and have gone from Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2013. I get a security alert for that the name on the security certificate is invalid.

I went into the DNS panel where the domain is hosted and tried creating an CNAME record 'autodiscover' that resolved to but this did not fix the problem. Next I created an SRV record _autodiscover _tcp that pointed to but I am still getting the security alert.

Is there an easy fix for this or do I have to purchase a SANS certificate? Because there are not a lot of remote users involved, would it be less expensive to uninstall the GoDaddy SSL and just install and use the self-signed certificate on the remote computers?

Our OWA address is h t t p s ://

Last edited by r042wal; 20th August 2014, 13:59.

Re: Exchange 2010 autodiscover security alert

a UCC/SAN is probably your best bet, however there is an article on Sembee's site about working around this

however, it absolutely won't work with outlook 2003.

also, quite how this fits in with this, , you'd have to review
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Re: Exchange 2010 autodiscover security alert

You need to make sure that does NOT resolve if you want to use SRV records. You also need to ensure that doesn't work either. That may require contact with your web host, as one of the most popular control panels tries to take over Autodiscover for its own purposes.

Simon Butler
      Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
      Exchange Resources List:
      In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.