No announcement yet.

unistall exchange 2003

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unistall exchange 2003

Good day ,

I Finished the migration from exchange2003 to exchange2010 SP3 with success , two mounth ago now I m in the last step decommission exchange 2003 server :
    I saw in some links I must follow this steps :

1-cut mail flow over to the 2010 server
    2-Convert Address Lists and Email Address Policies ( I don't know how I can do it ?)
    3-Remove the Public Folder Database
    4-unistall exchange 2003 server

Can you advise me before to start this steps will be thankful I m worry about it do destroy what i did .

Re: unistall exchange 2003

Please can someone help me , will be thankful

Please do NOT bump your posts - you will get help when someone with the relevant knowledge and experience has TIME to help.

If you need support more quickly, phone Microsoft and PAY them for support
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

yeah, people are pretty quick around here. double bumps are likely to get your post ignored...

2. Upgrading Email Address Policies and Address lists from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010

3. removing the public folder dB is a dead horse, but you can find walk thrus everywhere, including petri and other sites... Removing Mailbox and Public Folder Databases from Exchange Server 2003

4. Exchange 2003 to 2010 Transition "Swing Migration"

i dont think your going to have a hard time if you just follow the instructions and pay attention. if your stuck, then post back with specifics, but i think everything your asking is stuff that had really been covered time and time again.
        its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
        Give karma where karma is due...

Decomissioning is a well-documented process, I've done loads but I always follow that article.
          BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
          Cruachan's Blog

Thank you very much for the answer I will follow your recommendation , I will let you know

Good Day ,

I have one small problem and also strange I did the move of the OAB more tahn two weeks but I saw an error in the event

Event ID:      1022
              Task Category: General
              Level:         Warning
              Keywords:      Classic
              User:          N/A
              Process MSExchangeFDS.exe (PID=4768). Could not find file  \\exchangeserver\ExchangeOAB\3752f689-cb4b-46e1-bcfe-126d6b2c049c\oab.xml.  This is normal if it has never been generated. Otherwise, make sure  this file has read permission for "Exchange Servers"  group. 
              Event Xml:
              <Event xmlns="">
                  <Provider Name="MSExchangeFDS" />
                  <EventID Qualifiers="32772">1022</EventID>
              I think if I don't fix it I can't Uninstall exchange .

If you can advise me will be thankful