No announcement yet.

Outlook keeps asking for password when starting

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook keeps asking for password when starting

I have a problem with 2 Windows 7 pc`s en outlook.
    Everytime i start outlook it prompts for the password, after i fill in the password it works fine untill i shut outlook en open it again.

This week we went from exchange 2008 to exchange 2013 and also a new domaincontroller
    Only 2 people experience this problem the other 12 with same config work fine.

All users use office 2007 and windows 7

I already removed credentials from vault without succes.
    Renamed folder inside protect folder and restarted but problem remains

Problem seem to be on the machine itself, we tried the 1 off the user profiel on another machine and it worked.
    Tried a test account wich worked on the faulty machine and it keeps prompting for password.

in the registry exported the protected storage system provider value in the currentuser\software\microsoft
    and deleted it and restart but still no effect.
    Last edited by erave; 4th July 2014, 12:20.

Re: Outlook keeps asking for password when starting

there are several possible causes for this... possibly bad stored password is being used or you could have outlook set up like that inadvertently.

go into the control panel>mail>profiles>properties (for the account in question).

make sure you have unchecked the box "Always prompt for login credentials...." in the security tab of the mail profiles.

if the problem persists, then i would start checking the saved passwords for the account and verify they are all correct.

the worst case scenario would be to recreate the profiles and reconnect outlook to the exsisting data files for the user.
    its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
    Give karma where karma is due...