FederatedEmail mailbox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FederatedEmail mailbox

I want to remove the first mailbox database I created, and have evacuated everything except for the FederatedEmail mailbox which refuses to move.

When I run -

get-mailbox -Database maildb1 -Arbitration | New-MoveRequest -TargetDatabase maildb2|fl

I get this error -

Mailbox size 5.582 MB (5,852,634 bytes) exceeds target quota 1 MB (1,048,576 bytes).

I run -

Get-MailboxDatabase | ft -Property Name,Server,ProhibitSendReceiveQuota,ProhibitSendQ uota,IssueWarningQuota

Which shows the ProhibitSendReceiveQuota and ProhibitSendQuota and Issue WarningQuota all to be set to unlimited.

To confirm it is the FederatedEmail Mailbox that remains on the old database -

get-mailbox -Database maildb1 -Arbitration | fl

Returns the mailbox - FederatedEmail.4c1f4d8b-8179-4148-93bf-00a95fa1e042

I have tried to set unlimited values on this mailbox -

set-mailbox FederatedEmail.4c1f4d8b-8179-4148-93bf-00a95fa1e042 -prohibitsendquota unlimited -prohibitsendreceivequota unlimited -issuewarningquota unlimited

But get error -

The operation couldn't be performed because object 'FederatedEmail.4c1f4d8b-8179-4148-93bf-00a95fa1e042' couldn't be found on 'SECDC1.company.local'.

How can I move this mailbox to an alternate database so that I can remove the old DB?

Re: FederatedEmail mailbox

I have figured this one out. I opened the FederatedMail user account in AD, and cleared the Attributes on the below:

mDBOverHardQuotaLimit
    mDBOverStorageQuota
    mDBUseDefaults

This then allowed me to do the move request and eventually remove the DB.

Comment

Working...
    X