No announcement yet.

Exchange 2007 - suddenly no more owa/outlook/android/ihpone access

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2007 - suddenly no more owa/outlook/android/ihpone access

We're running a Microsoft Exchange server 2007 on a Microsoft Windows 2003 x64. I didn't set up the server nor the AD, so setup details are somewhat fuzzy to me. Nevertheless it's got the OS, Mailbox Databases and log files all on the same (and only) local disk of 146GB.
    We've got about 80 users. Today at around 3AM, the disk ran out of space during the server's nightly automated maintenance. Since then, the event logs show a load of error like this: "Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Database" - Windows account NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM; mailbox /o=vCampus/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=MAIL/cn=Microsoft System Attendant.
    Error: 1100
    Client Machine: MAIL
    Client Process: Microsoft.Exchange.ServiceHost.exe
    Client ProcessId: 0
    Client ApplicationId: Microsoft System Attendant Service Let "

User have been unable to retrieve email via android, iphone, outlook or the owa webinterface ever since.

I've created some disk space by moving logs files from the second storage group, containing the public folder database, to a network share. Also, I've enabled circular loggin on the first storage group. After a reboot, there was plenty of disk space, but still no mails flowing.

When connecting to owa, the authentication interface comes up very swiftly. Once correct credentials are typed in and I click on "log on", the page keeps loading until a timeout is reaced.

Please let me know what steps need to be taken or which further info needs to be provided in order to get our exchange server healthy again.

Thanks in advance.