Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2010 OAB issue on clients

Hey guys,

Need some assistance fixing a OAB issue.
    All workstations are getting an error when trying to download OAB through outlook 2010 "Server reported error (0x80190194): The operation failed". Also please note I unchecked the box "download changes since last send/receive" or just left it checked for new setups.

I checked Exchange both MBX and both CAS servers and no error messages in logs appear.

Have done some research on the issue and found some posts telling me to manually update the OAB through EMC under the mailbox section. Have done that but still nothing.

Also checked permissions on both MBX servers under path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\ExchangeOAB. Now from what I read, these need to be replicated to the CAS server under C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\ClientAccess\OAB. I checked permissions for this folder too and they are OK.

How can I rectify this? Its happening on all workstations within network, cached mode and also using RPC over HTTP.

Thanks guys,

Re: Exchange 2010 OAB issue on clients

Hi. As a test you could on an affected workstation delete the .oab files at C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

Then try downloading again. If it works, then in the the past I've used a script to delete the files on all workstations and the process then worked. Can't offer an explanation as to why it's affecting all your pc's but it's probably worth giving the above a go.

Comment

Do the computers use a proxy server?
      Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
      I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
      MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Originally posted by Andycoxuk View Post
        Hi. As a test you could on an affected workstation delete the .oab files at C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

Then try downloading again. If it works, then in the the past I've used a script to delete the files on all workstations and the process then worked. Can't offer an explanation as to why it's affecting all your pc's but it's probably worth giving the above a go.
        Hi Andy, thanks for the reply!
        Well its happening on all existing and new workstations. I just setup outlook on a home computer (separate network), using RPC over HTTP but it still has problems downloading the OAB. So even if I do the above on an existing workstation, on the network it will still have problems.

Comment

Originally posted by uk_network View Post
          Do the computers use a proxy server?
          Hi UK_network,

Within the network, YES the workstations are going through a proxy but even when I set up RPC over HTTP with a home machine at home with no proxy, it still has the same error message downloading OAB. Any ideas?

Comment

Hi there are a lot of google hits for the error you showed earlier. This one looks quite good.
            First hit on google.
            https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Ex...en-US:official
            Last edited by uk_network; 15th June 2014, 17:54.
            Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
            I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
            MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Originally posted by uk_network View Post
              Hi there are a lot of google hits for the error you showed earlier. This one looks quite good.
              First hit on google.
              Hi UK_network,

Yes I have done this already but no go - hence why I am seeking help now. Its usually the first thing I do when I have a problem. Google, spend hours trying things.

Comment

Working...
              X