• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retention Policies

I have created three retention policies on Exchange 2010 -

Inbox - move to archive after 1 year
    Sent Items - move to archive after 1 year
    All other folders - move to archive after 1 year

I have archive enabled a user, however when I add him to each of the above Retention Policies, it removes him from another. Can a mailbox only have one applied retention policy? If so, how can I ensure that the whole mailbox is purged of items to archive after a year?

Re: Retention Policies

Straight after posting I saw that you can add multiple tags to a single policy, so ignore the above question.

Comment

Does anyone know how I can find out the completion percentage of a Online Archive enabled mailbox in terms of the managed folder assistant moving mail into the archive?

Comment

Forced the managed folder assistant to run, I can visibly see entries appearing in the archive via Outlook for that user. After a while, the counts stop rising and it appears as though the MFA has stopped. I rerun the same command, and again mail starts moving into the archive. However, I note that the users archive is approx. 3GB, yet the EDB size is now 14.5GB!! What is the reason for the huge disparity in size - it feels as though each time I run the powershell command to start the MFA, it duplicates the mailbox size?

Comment

The EDB size is now 23GB, the single archive mailbox within it is 3GB. Does anyone know any reason for this?

Additionally, despite running for two days I can still see email in most non-archive folders which are over a year old. The Inbox and Sent items do seem correct, but only a smattering of the other folders have been touched. This feature seems inherently broken, I was hoping to use it to rid of PSTs.
          Last edited by marcus2704; 6th June 2014, 08:57.

Comment

For anyone interested, I ran Get-MailboxStatistics <Mailbox> -Archive | fl on the mailbox and can see that the TotalItemDeletedSize folder for this user is 21.5GB in size, there is the reason for why the EDB is so large.

I used MFCMAPI to access the mailbox and delete these entries, however note that today powershell still displays the same size for that folder.

As yet I do now know what is causing this folder to massively inflate.

Comment

Working...
            X