Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good or bad idea? To have users confirm external recipients

Hi,

I am wondering if it would be a good or bad idea to have users confirm external recipients when they send emails. There are third party tools for this that we are planning to use. They basically show a popup window with checkboxes for external recipients.

What do you think? Too annoying for the user, or actually a nice way of helping the user when they are sending external emails?

Many thanks.

Re: Good or bad idea? To have users confirm external recipients

I'm sure that won't be very popular, and if they do type the address wrong they would normally get an NDR.
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Originally posted by uk_network View Post
      I'm sure that won't be very popular, and if they do type the address wrong they would normally get an NDR.
      It is more to prevent sending to the wrong person when Outlook has auto-completed the address. Many people have their contact lists full of recipients that should never be sent to in te normal case.

Comment

I'd see that more of a training issue. Give them pen and paper till they figure out how to type addresses properly
        I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,

Comment

I'd see that more of a training issue. Give them pen and paper till they figure out how to type addresses properly
          I am sorry but I do not agree. We have many users who send 95% of their to internal recpients. When they send to external recipients, it is little downside for them to get notified about it. Note sure in what kind of organization you work for but we have extreemly sensitive information and people that are under heavy workloads.

Comment

Why don't you trial it out and get some feedback from the people using it.

MCITP -W7,

Comment

Why don't you trial it out and get some feedback from the people using it.
              Yea, was thinking of that but posted here to hear about other people experiences.

Comment

where does the tool get it's list of external recipients from ?
                Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

There are a few options in the particular tool we are looking at:
                  - extract from email address of the sender
                  - hardcode whitelisted domain list into the Add-In
                  - extract whitelisted domain list stored in a shared settings file on our network.

For us, the default behavior of the Add-In, extracting the whitelisted domain from the sender's email address, works just fine.

Comment

Anyone has any experience with systems such the one described?
                    Attached screenshot from how it could look.

Comment

Working...
                    X