No announcement yet.

Exchange 2010 users not getting email!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2010 users not getting email!

Hi

I have just installed Exchange 2010 in a lab enviornment. I am completely new to exchange server

Clients are conneted using outlook.

Everything seemed to go ok until I notices the sent mail was not being received by the other setup outlook client.
    Microsoft Outlook
    Cannot open your default e-mail folders.
    You must connect to Microsoft Exchange with the current profile before
    you can synchronize your folders with your Outlook data file (.ost).

I restarted the server and restarted
    the "Microsoft exchange RPC Client access" and this worked but only Once

The clients are still not getting their email from each other including through OWA
    Some certificate errors do appear when opening (referencing the exchange server)

I think this is normal?

and I choose to install the certificate and select yes continue

One thing that may be a factopr is that I had previosuly tried to install exchange server
    and the old dead server still exists under server EMC Server configuration. Im frustratingly close.
    The bounce back emails take hours to arrive and contain as below

Thanks for reading

Confuseis
    "
    The following organisation rejected your message computername.domain.local (its the exchange server)
    computername.domain.local hop count exceeded - Possible mail loop
    Received: from MEM1.domain1.local (192.168.2.10) by MEM1.domain1.local (192.168.2.10) with Microsoft SMTP Server (TLS) id 14.0.639.21; Sun, 1 Jun 2014 23:27:52 +0100 Received: from MEM1.domain1.local (192.168.2.10) by MEM1.domain1.local (192.168.2.10) with Microsoft SMTP Server (TLS) id 14.0.639.21; Sun, 1 Jun 2014 23:12:47 +0100
    Content-Type: application/ms-tnef; name="winmail.dat" Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary From: john doe <[email protected]> To: jane doe <[email protected]> Subject: test 2 Thread-Topic: test 2 Thread-Index: Ac994jwVyH1/3nGHQV+1ly/lFq4oyg== Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2014 22:41:26 +0100 Message-ID: <[email protected] in1.local> Accept-Language: en-IE, en-US Content-Language: en-US X-MS-Has-Attach: X-MS-TNEF-Correlator: <[email protected] in1.local> MIME-Version: 1.0 Return-Path: [email protected]

Re: Exchange 2010 users not getting email!

I would rebuild the lab and start from scratch. You can install all the roles on a single server. AD/Exchange which isn't recommended but ok for a lab.
    There's plenty of guides out there similar to this:
    http://www.enterprisenetworkingplane...ep-3877601.htm
    May take you a day, but when you've got good installs you can just snapshot or make a full backup of the vmdk's / vhd's so you don't have to set it up again.
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Re: Exchange 2010 users not getting email!

Dont have a VT enabled processor so Im unable to virtualise this. The solution was far less drastic I simply restarted the Micorosoft exchange transport service and this worked.

Comment

Working...
      X