Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Event 5003 exchange 2010

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Event 5003 exchange 2010

    Good Day ,

    When I restart the server exchange 2010 I am getting the following error when attempting to start Exchange 2010:

    Unable to initialize the Information Store service because the clocks on the client and server are skewed. This may be caused by a time change either on the client or on the server, and may require a restart of that computer. Verify that your domain is correctly configured and is currently online.

    Realy I don't know why I just finish migration from exchange 2003 to exchange2010 SP3

    to fix this problem I did ]Net time \\ADServerName /Set

    But I must do it each time I restart the server .


    How I can fix it .can you please help me
    Regards
    Last edited by zikora; 21st May 2014, 16:14.

  • #2
    Re: Event 5003 exchange 2010

    Use this article to get your domain time in order, then see if the problem goes away:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816042
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Event 5003 exchange 2010

      Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      Use this article to get your domain time in order, then see if the problem goes away:
      http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816042
      but excuse me I already have the server time configured

      Regards

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Event 5003 exchange 2010

        Sorry, my psychic powers must have been off, as I didn't pick that up from your original post....

        OK, so when you set the time, how far out is it from the DC (the PDC FSMO holder if multiple DCs)?
        Is it a physical or virtual exchange machine - if virtual, what is the hypervisor
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Event 5003 exchange 2010

          the time took from one DC
          the exchange server is a virtual machine

          Regards

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Event 5003 exchange 2010

            So how far has it slipped from the DC (obviously more than 5 minutes)

            What hypervisor are you using - if HyperV untick the "host time sync" integration option and presumably VMware is similar
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

            ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Event 5003 exchange 2010

              Originally posted by Ossian View Post
              So how far has it slipped from the DC (obviously more than 5 minutes)

              What hypervisor are you using - if HyperV untick the "host time sync" integration option and presumably VMware is similar
              excuse but in server i saw the same time that I have in DC strange

              about HyperV I use vSphere ESXi 5.1 but I didn't change time on it

              Regards

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Event 5003 exchange 2010

                what ossian is trying to say is, when you use virtual guests, their time can actually skew.

                virtual servers don't have the same, absolute, hardware clock that physical servers do.

                so you need to make sure that firstly, your DC is syncing to an external timesource.
                If it's a virtual guest, make sure it's not getting it's time from the virtual host.

                Next, make sure your exchange server is syncing it's time from the DC. Make sure it doesn't get it from the virtual host.

                domain members should automatically keep their time in sync when configured correctly..
                Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Event 5003 exchange 2010

                  I did net time I found that the server exchange sync with DC ,

                  is a virtual machine I don't need to change somthing , strange in exchange2003 never I had this problem

                  I have one remark when I uninstall the Vmware Tools and I retart the problem not appear I did many test so the problem relaited to vmware tools
                  Regards
                  Last edited by zikora; 22nd May 2014, 10:44.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Event 5003 exchange 2010

                    Originally posted by zikora View Post
                    I did net time I found that the server exchange sync with DC ,

                    is a virtual machine I don't need to change somthing , strange in exchange2003 never I had this problem

                    I have one remark when I uninstall the Vmware Tools and I retart the problem not appear I did many test so the problem relaited to vmware tools
                    Regards
                    In the VM settings you need to untick the option that time syncs with your ESXi host.

                    1. Right click on the VM and select Edit Settings.
                    2. Click on the Options Tab.
                    3. In the Advanced box untick the option Syncronise guest time with host.

                    You could avoid this by setting up a NTP server on your VMware host/s

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Event 5003 exchange 2010

                      Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
                      In the VM settings you need to untick the option that time syncs with your ESXi host.

                      1. Right click on the VM and select Edit Settings.
                      2. Click on the Options Tab.
                      3. In the Advanced box untick the option Syncronise guest time with host.

                      You could avoid this by setting up a NTP server on your VMware host/s
                      Thank you very much for your answear I will do it

                      Regards

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X