No announcement yet.

Exchange 2013 Proxy Cert issue

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2013 Proxy Cert issue

Hi all,

It's been a long time since I last posted so hope everyone is good.

I have a small issue with Exchange 2013 & Outlook
    Every so often when you open Outlook and it attempts to connect it just hangs and pops up an error stating an issue with the proxy certificate.

I have attached said pop-up so you can see for yourself. I also need to point out that this issue occurs on Outlook 2007 & 2010 versions.

I have trawled the net for solutions and nothing seems to be correct so I am relying upon you fine folk to offer me solace

Thank you in advance.
    Attached Files
    ::: Remember to give credit if you have found this useful. :::
    ::: Wild Oak Tech :::

Re: Exchange 2013 Proxy Cert issue

Hi, I think I've seen this before. Outlook tries to connect over https, this normally happens if the name on the certificate does not match the name of the exchange server you are trying to connect to.

We found that you either have to regenerate the the certificate that exchange uses and include all the required names, including or you have to change the settings in outlook to only connect over mapi

You can also use this site and it will give you detailed errors with descriptions if there is a miss configuration somewhere.
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Re: Exchange 2013 Proxy Cert issue

Mapi has disappeared in Exchange 2013 and it connects via https, so as pointed out, the Exchange URLs need to match the SSL certificate. It is recommended to use a 3rd Party SSL Certificate and you will not be able to include .local, so you will need to ensure that you implement split DNS and ensure that the Exchange URLs use Domain names that you own and that are relevant to your Exchange environment. For example, the Domain used for email addresses.