Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mails are going in spam

Hi ,

I am able to make my exchange live. We have taken the hosting service from local vendor and create A Record and MX record..but now when ever i am sending emails to gmail or yahoo its reaching to a spam folder..as i am using ISP's DNS to send mails..

I search for that and come to know that i need to take smtp service from 3rd party service providers...is it really necessary...If i purchase my own live public ip..is it possible with that..

please help..

Re: mails are going in spam

Have you created SPF records in the DNS zone for your domain? If not, you should do so and test the results here. This page has some additional information about the SPF record syntax.

Comment

Hi ,

Thanks for your quick reply..

So how can i create the spf records inside the exchange server..

can you please provide instruction for this..

Thanks...

Comment

You don't create them on the Exchange server, you create them in the public DNS zone (on the Internet). SPF records are DNS records, just like the MX record pointing to your Exchange server.

The idea is that by looking up the SPF records for the domain of the senders e-mail address, recipient servers will be able to verify the IP address of your Exchange server as an authoritative server for mails coming from your domain, thus greatly reducing the risk of mail being incorrectly tagged as spam.

Comment

Hi ,

Thanks for your quick reply ..

So how to create the spf records on public dns zone on internet...

thanks...

Comment

You either tell your domain registrar or ISP that you need to have this done, or if your domain is registered with a company that offers web-based domain management (most do), you log into the web interface and add the record.

An SPF record is just a text string in a particular format containing the identity (for instance the IP addresses) of every server autorized to send mails for your domain. For instance, this record:
            Code:
            v=spf1 mx -all
            says "this is a version 1 SPF record [the v=spf1 part]; all servers with MX records are allowed to send outboud mail for this domain [mx], but no-one else [-all]".

Detailed information can be found at the www.openspf.org web site.

Comment

Hi ,

Thanks for your quick reply..

Can you please mention the exact spf record syntax..

Thanks..

Comment

Did you read the link in Post #2?
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi ,

So Basically , i just need to enter the syntax like this in my hosting panel

"v=spf1 ip4:122.x.x.x -all"

Here 122.x.x.x is static ip provided from my isp in my office.

is it correct..

More question ...

1. If i purchase one public ip and make it white list permanently and then send a mails using that ip..is it a life time solution for sending unlimited mails ...

2. How this third party smtp service providers works...how they are able to send unlimited mails using their servers...Do they provide some money to internet society to send mails from their server...Can i use the same thing...how much will be the expense for this...

thanks...

Comment

Yes, that sounds about right.

As long as the outgoing mail server has the same IP address, the SPF record authorizing that IP address will continue to prevent mails from being classified as spam by other servers.

Third party providers use SPF records too. If you register a domain with a service like Office365, the MX records for that domain will point to the outlook.com mail servers, and an SPF record with the "mx" parameter will typically be added to the domain. Why don't you take a look yourself? The following command will print any TXT records associated with a domain, including the SPF record if it exists:
                    Code:
                    nslookup -q=TXT <domain.com>
                    It still happens that mails from an ISP or a provider of e-mail services gets filtered as spam. For instance, occasionally a subscriber will engage in deliberate spamming or have his or her computer infected with a botnet client that sends spam, and as a result, one or more of the provider's servers may end up being blacklisted by RBL providers like SpamCop or Spamhaus.

If (or rather when) this happens, the provider will need to take immediate action to get their servers de-listed, as the blacklisting could affect multiple (or possibly all of their) clients. This usually involves contacting the RBL provider in question to request a manual de-listing. To prevent this from happening too often, most providers employ relatively aggressive outbound spam filters and have IDS systems that detect unusual patterns in e-mail destinations or volume.

Comment

Working...
                    X