Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSL Cert Question

Good Day,
    Most cert places wont allow the use of the server name anymore. I have MYserver.domain.local. I need to be able to assign a cert so my EWS and OWA Works internally. I was able to get a cert for my mail.mydomain.com and owa works 100% but certain Internal services. EG Autodiscover for Outlook fails on cert, EWS fails on Cert. Is there any work around for this?

EG. Outlook will autodiscover the details when user launches outlook, but then they get a cert error due to the problem cert doesnt contain internal server name.

Re: SSL Cert Question

You need to rename EWS URLs and the Autodiscover Internal URI to match the name on the SSL certificate.

I tend to use a Wildcard these days but if using a SAN, make the Primary SAN Mail.Domain.com and add Autodiscover.Domain.Com and sometimes Domain.Com to it as well. I then rename all Exchange URLs to be Mail.Domain.Com and rename the Autodiscover Internal URI to be Autodiscover.Domain.com.

I then do a split DNS configuration for Domain.com.

This thread is worth a review.

http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=58175

Comment

Re: SSL Cert Question

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
      You need to rename EWS URLs and the Autodiscover Internal URI to match the name on the SSL certificate.

I tend to use a Wildcard these days but if using a SAN, make the Primary SAN Mail.Domain.com and add Autodiscover.Domain.Com and sometimes Domain.Com to it as well. I then rename all Exchange URLs to be Mail.Domain.Com and rename the Autodiscover Internal URI to be Autodiscover.Domain.com.

I then do a split DNS configuration for Domain.com.

This thread is worth a review.

http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=58175
      You are my hero good sir!
      +10

Comment

Working...
      X