Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transient error occured

Hi,

I am creating a new exchange server in vm , i have created 2 vm , 1. dc 2. exchange server... I am able to install exchange server and also install the updates..but when i open exchange system manager , it shows database is dismounted..and when i am trying to create a new data base its giving me a transient error...i even change the database path and log path in differant folder but still getting the error..

I am attaching a screen shot for more clarity..

what can be the reason..please help..

thanks..
    Attached Files

Re: transient error occured

The error appears to refer to DAGs - is this the only exchange server in the organisation, and have you created a DAG on it?

Do existing databases mount OK?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your reply , This is the Exchange server in this forest and even the default database is also not mounted by default and its not mounting even if i am creating a new database..

Is it due to the reason that i need to create the database file and log file in different location or different drives.

thanks

Comment

start again.
        easiest solution given the OP's prior demonstrable experience.
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply,

You mean to say , do i need to start creating a new exchange server again ?
          Also what is the meaning OP's prior demonstative experience..

Comment

Yes. I mean remove your exchange VM and start again.
            Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Ohh..will it resolve my error ? and what is the exact reason about my error ?

Comment

Hi ,

I have just reduce the memory to 4 gb from 4.3 gb and i am able to mount the db , but now i am having new query.

At present my domain name is abc.com and i have created a user with [email protected] but now my boss ask me to create a live email address such as [email protected] ..is it possible without reinstalling exchange server , i just create one rule in accepted domain but when i am creating a new mailbox its creating in a old [email protected] is it a way that i can create a users mailbox as my boss wants it.

If not , do i need to create a new dc as abc.co.in and then create a new exchange server or only new exchange server and while trying to define domain name wizard i can provide it as abc.co.in...

please help...

Comment

You need to:
                  a) add abc.co.in as an accepted address
                  b) create an address policy to assign addresses or add addresses manually
                  c) configure external DNS (MX records) to deliver incoming email to abc.co.in to your public IP address

If you for the highlighted terms (add the correct Exchange version) above you will get detailed steps

I have to say the mind boggles that you are doing all of this in a live environment - I had assumed (ass-u-me ) that this was all for test or training purposes
                  Tom Jones
                  MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                  X