Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explicitly change the Exchange AD Site by using Registry

Hi People,

I've migrated the Exchange Server with the new IP address from the old Office building to the new Data Center, but somehow when I run the command below:

Code:
    Get-ExchangeServer | ft Name, *site*, *Current* , OriginatingServer -AutoSize
    all of them still pointing to the old Domain Controllers (DC/GC) that I will be commissioning now.

I've just confirmed from the "Active Directory Site and Services" console from RDP to my Exchange Mailbox server, expanding the Sites\Subnets 10.8.8.0/24 in General tab shows the AD site as "DC-Production-Site" the new AD site served by the new PRODDC1 and PRODDC2 AD/DC servers.

somehow the result from the command prompt running (nltest /dsgetsite) command from the PRODExcMBX1 shows the result as "HQ-Office1-Site" which is the old AD site served by the old oldDC1 and oldDC2 AD/DC servers.

Re: Explicitly change the Exchange AD Site by using Registry

Can I just change the registry in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Netlogon\Parameters
    Name: HQ-Office1-Site
    Type: REG_SZ
    into the new AD site followed by issuing the Powershell command:

Code:
    Set-ExchangeServer -Identity PRODExcMBX1 -StaticConfigDomainController PRODDC1 -StaticGlobalCatalogs PRODDC1

Set-ExchangeServer -Identity PRODExcMBX1 -StaticConfigDomainController PRODDC2 -StaticGlobalCatalogs PRODDC2
    For all of the Exchange Server followed by reboot ?

Comment

Working...
    X