SMTP from application

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMTP from application

At my work I was recently given responsibility over the Exchange 2013 server after a server crash. I am completely new to Exchange, so I apologize for my ignorance.

We were able to setup the company mailboxes in conjunction with Active Directory and can send and receive e-mails without a problem. However, we have applications that are setup on external servers that use our SMTP to send text notifications and e-mails.

I was able to setup a temporary solution by allowing anonymous connections to use the receive connector. I would like to be able to set up authentication and the ability to use SSL as the information that is being sent is sensitive, but haven't been able to figure out how. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: SMTP from application

Hey jcorp, are these emails being generated by internal apps/ servers for delivery to internal users or to external. either way check out Paul Cunninghams post on Exchange server 2013 ssl certs on the exchangeserverpro website

Comment

Re: SMTP from application

These e-mails are being generated on external servers, going through our SMTP, and being sent to external clients. I will check out that website. Thanks for your reply!

Comment

Working...
      X