No announcement yet.

SSL Cert(Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2013)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSL Cert(Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2013)

I am using Exchange Server 2007 SP3. I am doing transition to exchange server 2013.

My exchange server is also an Additional Domain Controller.
    Server1 : my primary DC(Windows Server 2008 R2)
    Server 2 : My exchange Server as well as my Additional Domain Controller (

My plan to proceed for exchange 2013
    :i am installing exchange 2013 on a seperate newserver with a new name ( for example), migrate emails to the new server, remove exchange 2007 from the backup-DC and change internal DNS to point to the new server. (CNAME or A record)

Current Status
    : i have upgraded the exchange schema and successfully installed exchange server 2013 on windows server 2012 with i need to import SSL certificate from Exchange 2007.

I have valid Third pary CA digicert and in my outlook webaccess URL i can see 4 SAN Names

How to export these from Exchange 2007 and import in Exchange 2013.
    Do i also need to create an host record( pointing to my exchange server 2007.

Should Legacy be added to the certificate?
    Please guide me with powershell command to export SSL Cert

Re: SSL Cert(Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2013)

Digicert have instructions on doing the export:

Then import the resulting PFX through ECP on the Exchange 2013 server.

You will need a legacy host name unless you are going to migrate everything very quickly. However that can be a single name SSL certificate and you could use StartSSL for that purpose.
    The Exchange 2007 server will need its own external IP address as well, and you will need to configure the host names and URLs correctly within both products.

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.