No announcement yet.

Exchange 2007 login issue

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2007 login issue

I have taken over a site where they had an exchange 2007 crash about 5 years ago. everything is running fine now, but whoever did the recovery didn't do it right as Exchange 2007 was originally installed on a DC.

Whats happening now is everynow and then the users get a pop up saying welcome back to the domain and asks for a password to the old server name, any ideas on how to fix it?

Much appreciated.

Re: Exchange 2007 login issue

Disclaimer: From your post it appears as though they are getting this logon prompt when using their email. If that isn't the case, you can stop here.

Sounds like it could be a profile issue. I know in Outlook, you can configure how to log on to your mailbox, so some settings may still be left over from the old setup. Make sure they don't store their documents locally (and move them if they do) and delete the user profile.

Before you do that, however, take a look in the event logs to see if this prompt triggered an event. Deleting the user profile, while it can be effective, is the easy way.

Re: Exchange 2007 login issue

I think it seems like an AD clean up job to me, but i could be wrong as I think we need some more information from you before we can provide any kind of solution.

--> How was the recovery performed?
      --> Is the exchange 2007 server still installed on a DC?
      --> What Service Pack we have got on E2k7 currently?
      --> What is the outlook version are we using?

Technical Director
      Ex-Microsoft (Exchange Client & Server Infrastructure Team), MCSA, MCSE, MCITP, MCTS & ITIL Foundation certified