No announcement yet.

Exchange 2007 Server to 2013 Migration

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2007 Server to 2013 Migration

We have an Exchange 2007 Server with Service Pack 3 and Rollup 12 applied. I installed a new Exchange 2013 Server and then immediately applied CU3.
    I am following this Technet article:
    The only deviation from the instruction I have had to do is in Part 2, section 4 “Configure offline address book (OAB)”. Instead of entering:
    Get-MailboxDatabase | Set-MailboxDatabase -OfflineAddressBook "\Default Offline Address Book (Ex2013)"
    I had to enter:
    Get-MailboxDatabase | Set-MailboxDatabase -OfflineAddressBook "\Default Offline Address Book (Ex2012)"
    I believe this is due to the fact that the writer installed from an Exchange 2013 CU1 disk and I only had Exchange 2013.
    Also when I tried to run:
    Move-OfflineAddressBook -Identity "Default Offline Address Book" -Server SRV-EX2013
    I got an error saying that you cannot transfer the address book to Exchange 2013 you need to create a new one. However when I looked at the address books in EAC I could see that “Default Offline Address Book (Ex2012)” was the default and that it contained a copy of the Global Address List. So I did nothing else about it.
    I am now at Part 3, section 7 “Move Mailboxes” and it keeps failing. I am using the EAC so that I at least see the error as using the powershell brings back no results. Anyway it Syncs the 18 items in the mailbox then fails with:
    Data migrated: 936.7 KB ‎(959,145 bytes)‎
    Migration rate: 0 B ‎(0 bytes)‎
    Error: MigrationPermanentException: Error: An error occurred while updating a user object after the move operation. --> Unable to generate the e-mail address. Unable to load address module ‎'C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\Mailbox\address\SMTP\AMD64\inproxy.dll‎ ' for address type ‎'SMTP‎'. Additional message: ‎'Access is denied‎'.</SPAN>

Re: Exchange 2007 Server to 2013 Migration

can you create a new mailbox directly on the new server ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Re: Exchange 2007 Server to 2013 Migration

I have just done a 2010 to 2013 migration and I'm fairly certain we just deleted the old OAB.

I saw your post on the technet forums saying you resolved it by granting extra permissions to the file/folder that the error referred to.