restore mailbox from exchange database backup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• restore mailbox from exchange database backup

we are on exchange 2007 sp1 on windows 2008 OS.

one user has lost all emails in his inbox, the only emails existing are that of today's.

We have daily backups of the exchange DB/SG.

Please advise if we can restore/recover his mailbox/inbox from this DB/SG backup. Also if there are any other ways to restore/recover his emails.

Also, we cannot unmount the current DB, what tasks must i perform to mount this DB and restore/recover the mailbox or can I do this without mounting the DB. I dont want to disturb the existing DB/SG.

We use commvault simpana 9 as our backup tool.

please help.

Re: restore mailbox from exchange database backup

An advanced Exchange server recovery tool which also provide backup restoration solution, this tool always proves its worth.This tool makes you well equipped in dealing with Exchange disasters situations as you can quickly restore healthy mailboxes from any of the backups created at any point of time, even the ones created using third-party backup tools. For more details, click :
    edbtopst-converter. com/exchange-recovery.html
    Use Free Trial Version to Recover Data.

Comment

I believe you can create a recovery storage group and use Simpana to restore the database to it and restore using that method.

Comment

I am in a similar situation.
        I assume it's the same as previous versions of exchange and you can create a recovery group, restore to that, then move the required mailbox(s) to the production mail store.
        David Silvester
        Systems Administrator

Comment

Working...
        X