Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange management console fail post install

Hi all

I have installed exchange 2010 on a hyperV machine for lab. It has installed and the exchange management console has "microsoft exchange on premises" object only visible.

After the install I received:

Initialization failed. The followinf occured when looking for On-Premises exchnage server. No CAS or other servers available i the current site or adjacent sites.

This is a member server on the domain, can ping the dc, reports the correct dc as its logon server etc.

I have synced the clocks between the DC and the exchange server. Made sure IPv6 is installed reset iis, checked winrm is configured amd other suggestions from the internet but Ill be forever trying each and every suggestion & so far they all fail.

Has anyone any tips or pointers for me? What is it trying to tell me?

I have no real knowledge of email hence the lab

Thanks for reading

Confuseis

Re: Exchange management console fail post install

"I have installed exchange 2010 on a hyperV machine for lab"

Which Exchange Server roles did you install?

Comment

I just accepted the "Typical exchange server roles" from the wizard. Ithought this would be enough.

Comment

Hi, is the Net.Tcp Port Sharing Service set to start automatically?
        Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
        I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
        MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Yes I checked that and tried again to not avail.

The eact error is...

Connecting to the server failed.... The WinRM client cannot process the request. The WinRM clienmt reied to user kerberos authentication but the destination computer (exchange computer) returned access denied.......

I have run many different powershell commands related to winRM etc. I found online but no joy.

Cant help thinikng there should be a simpler fix

Comment

I dont see anywhere I can query the exchange server roles.

Comment

http://exchangeserverpro.com/exchang...zation-failed/
              Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
              I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
              MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Hi uk network. I have tried that solution regarding hyperV and the time's being out of sync sadly it didnt resolve the issue.

I re ran the Exchange server setup and selected agin the 2 server roles Clien access server and mailbox server but again when I clicked the microsoft exchange on presmises Icon, it searched for a server and returned the same error.

Comment

I have copied the output of the error message at the bottom, feels like Ive tried everything. 3 weeks later and still at the same place arrrgh.

Dont know if it matters but noticed 2 iis manager shortcuts on the desktop one is for iis 6 both report a version of 7.5.

Thanks

new-pssession : [mem1.mydomain.local] Connecting to remote server mem1.mydomain.local failed with the
                  following error message : The WinRM client cannot process the request. The WinRM client tried to use Kerberos
                  authentication mechanism, but the destination computer (MEM1.Mydomain.local:80) returned an 'access denied' error.
                  Change the configuration to allow Kerberos authentication mechanism to be used or specify one of the authentication
                  mechanisms supported by the server. To use Kerberos, specify the local computer name as the remote destination. Also
                  verify that the client computer and the destination computer are joined to a domain. To use Basic, specify the local
                  computer name as the remote destination, specify Basic authentication and provide user name and password. Possible
                  authentication mechanisms reported by server: Negotiate For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting
                  Help topic.
                  At C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\bin\ConnectFunctions.ps1:229 char:15
                  + $session = new-pssession -connectionURI "http://$fqdn/powershell?serializatio ...
                  + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  + CategoryInfo : OpenError: (System.Manageme....RemoteRunspace:RemoteRunspace) [New-PSSession], PSRemotin
                  gTransportException
                  + FullyQualifiedErrorId : AccessDenied,PSSessionOpenFailed

Comment

This is worth a review.

http://tsoorad.blogspot.co.uk/2013/0...access-is.html

Comment

Ill looked up the certificates thing looks like ill have to learn about them which will take a little time.

I have tried the "EMTShooter" powershell scripts from microsoft to help pinpoint the issue and have pasted its output below. Im still working on it but if anyone notices anything please drop me a line and ill see if it works.

Thanks

Name Value
                      ---- -----
                      emts_eh_011 These are the possible causes for this error:...
                      emts_eh_010 Unknown Error...
                      emts_020 True
                      emts_021 False
                      emts_022 Checking the Powershell Virtual Directory......
                      emts_eh_008 The WS-Management service does not support the request.
                      emts_eh_009 The WinRM client received an HTTP status code of 403 from the remote WS-Management se...
                      emts_016 UNRESOLVED:...
                      emts_eh_000 ...
                      emts_eh_001 Looking for error......
                      emts_eh_002 Connecting to remote server failed with the following error message :
                      emts_eh_003 The client cannot connect to the destination specified in the request. Verify that th...
                      emts_eh_004 The WinRM client sent a request to an HTTP server and got a response saying the reque...
                      emts_eh_005 The WinRM client received an HTTP server error status (500), but the remote service d...
                      emts_eh_006 The WinRM client cannot process the request. It cannot determine the content type of ...
                      emts_eh_007 The WinRM client cannot process the request. The WinRM client tried to use Kerberos a...
                      emts_005 Checking the Powershell vdir path setting......
                      emts_eventlog_09 The http binding on the Default Web Site has been modified, and the Hostname field co...
                      emts_eventlog_08 The default http binding has been removed from the Default Web Site. Exchange Powersh...
                      emts_eventlog_05 ...
                      emts_eventlog_04 The http binding has been removed from the Default Web Site. Exchange Powershell need...
                      emts_eventlog_07 The Path of the Powershell virtual directory has been modified. The PowerShell virtu...
                      emts_eventlog_06 The "Require SSL" option has possibly been enabled on the PowerShell Virtual Director...
                      emts_eventlog_01 The Exchange Management Troubleshooter indentified a problem that can be caused by se...
                      emts_eventlog_00 The Exchange Management Troubleshooter is starting.
                      emts_eventlog_03 ...
                      emts_eventlog_02 1. If the WSMan module entry is missing from the global modules section of the...
                      emts_019 We recommend that you run the troubleshooter after making changes to...
                      emts_018 ...
                      emts_013 IIS is not running.
                      emts_012 Exchange Management Troubleshooter
                      emts_011 Microsoft-Exchange-Troubleshooters/Operational
                      emts_010 Cannot run without IIS, exiting program......
                      emts_017 After each error is resolved, close this window and re-run the tool to check for addi...
                      emts_008 Cannot run without HTTP Port 80 binding on the Default Web Site, exiting program......
                      emts_009 The service $ServiceNameFull is not running....
                      emts_014 Do you want to start the IIS service?
                      emts_002 Checking HTTP Port 80 Host Name......
                      emts_003 Checking the Exchange Install Path variable......
                      emts_000 Checking IIS Service......
                      emts_001 Checking HTTP Port 80......
                      emts_006 Testing for errors......
                      emts_eventlog_14 ...
                      emts_eventlog_15 ExchangeInstallPath Environment Variable:
                      emts_eventlog_16 ...
                      emts_eventlog_17 The Exchange Management Troubleshooter successfully completed connecting to:...
                      emts_eventlog_10 The ExchangeInstallPath Environment Variable is missing. To make sure that the Exchan...
                      emts_eventlog_11 The ExchangeInstallPath Environment Variable does not match the Exchange Install Path...
                      emts_eventlog_12 You are receiving an invalid ExchangeInstallPath error, even though the ExchangeInsta...
                      emts_eventlog_13 The ExchangeInstallPath Environment Variable does not match the Exchange Install Path...
                      emts_004 Checking the Powershell vdir SSL setting......
                      emts_007 HTTP Port 80 successfully added to the Default Web Site....
                      emts_015 RESOLVED:...

Comment

IIS is not running.. according to your log...

can you use the IIs console ?
                        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
                        X