Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email attachment issue for Exchange 2013

Hi,

I am having an issue with just 1 user since migrating to Exchange 2013.
    The issue is when this user sends email attachments, specifically PDF attachments to certain recipients (yahoo.com , cox.net) email addresses, the PDF get stripped and the recipient doesn't not see the PDF or the recipient sees winmail.dat attachment instead of the PDF.
    The 1 user has Outlook 2010. Other users have sent the same PDF to the same yahoo.com, cox.net email addresses and the recipients are receiving the PDF.

I've already deleted the email profile and created a new email profile. I've checked under File-Options-Mail and made sure 'Compose messages in this format and When sending messages in Rich text format to Internet recipients were set to HTML.
    When the user sends to their yahoo.com email, the PDF are missing, but the user states they receive attachments from everyone else with no issues. The issue has to be with their email, but I can't isolate the exact issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Email attachment issue for Exchange 2013

I had a simlar issue a long time ago when i first started out. windmail.dat brings back old memories.
    It was due to the text formatting needed to be changed to html or richtext.

A few other people have had the same issue and have found a resolution here:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...?forum=outlook
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Yup, its sending it in RichText format. Not only is there a default but this is also a per contact setting. Make sure:
      1. the contact is configured for HTML instead of RTF
      2. Delete the contact from the email address cache http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...010355568.aspx
      Regards,
      Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
      Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
      www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

@JeremyW

Thanks , that was the answer. I just deleted the contact from the autocomplete. The user then sent the email again and this time verified they are able to see the PDF attachments.

Thanks!

Comment

Glad to help.
          Regards,
          Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
          Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
          www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
          X