Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Particular User having issues with emails being stuck in Outbox (server related?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Particular User having issues with emails being stuck in Outbox (server related?)

Hello everyone,
    I'm turning here for guidance as it appears this issue is common and would like to have you guys give me some pointers for where to look...

Outlook 2010 (on Win7 x64 Pro)
    Exchange 2010 (on Server 2008 r2 standard)

First I'll say I've tried a number of things. We've replaced this user's PC and have also tried deleting his mail profile and starting fresh. These emails will hold everything else up that he sends until he restarts his machine and opens Outlook, they will then go shooting from his Outbox.

I'm not an Exchange expert nor do we have one on staff... To be honest, I was much more comfortable with Exchange 2003 but I'm starting to warm up to 2010.

Any guidance would be awesome either on the client or server side. Ask questions as I'm sure I left info out that would be helpful for troubleshooting.

Thanks!

Re: Particular User having issues with emails being stuck in Outbox (server related?)

As this only happens with a single user it may not be related so the server but you could monitor the e-mail queue and maybe event viewer.

A couple of things that spring to mind that you could try on the client.
    Is there an antivirus on this users machine, or any security software, Has this been disabled to see if the problem persists?
    Cached exchange mode, try turning this off and see what happens.
    Does the same thing happen if you try the same e-mail via outlook web access?
    Check that office is fully patched to the latest version (including office sp2)
    Check that outlook is in online mode and not set to work offline.
    Press send/receive and check if any errors are displayed.
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Re: Particular User having issues with emails being stuck in Outbox (server related?)

Thanks! I know we've tried a number of these things... We use SEP on the majority of our PC's and he seems to be the only real persistent user with this issue. The problem with troubleshooting this, is that it is so sporadic. I think if the issue were any of the items you listed, we would be seeing more persistent behavior. I'll give these all a look and I welcome any other ideas/insight.

Again, I'll remind everyone that this issue carried over from an old PC to a clean install of Win7.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X