No announcement yet.

Adding a send connector in Exchange 2010

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a send connector in Exchange 2010

I have used Linux as a server, for years, and recently decided to investigate Windows server software. This is nothing on the order of a mission critical situation, but, it's driving me nuts (again, I am completely new to this software). Anyway, I installed Windows Server 2008 RC2 and Exchange 2010. I followed various tutorials and everything works...almost. However, from OWA I cannot send email outside of my domain. I did some reading and learned that Exchange 2010 requires that you add a send connector from the HUB Transport area of the Exchange Management Console. However, in every video I've watched the right pane of this interface has a totally different look than my install (which I've now done 3 times....). I have no option to add a send connector. I've updated this installation with Exchange service packs one and two, and this option still doesn't exist. I'm was going to attach a graphic which has a somewhat blurry screenshot from a video next to a screenshot of what I have on my server.... but I haven't made 5 posts so it's not allowed. What am I missing?

Re: Adding a send connector in Exchange 2010

Two days down the drain..... I was clicking the wrong thing....IT WORKS..... Sorry for any inconvenience.... I'm an idiot.

Re: Adding a send connector in Exchange 2010

Moved to Exchange 2010 forum for future reference....
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **